The safety of our patients and staff is the highest priority of Haven Hospice. Haven has been closely monitoring updates from the CDC and has been responding to the challenges presented by COVID-19 to ensure that we continue to provide the care our patients need. We are continuing to serve the needs of our patients in their homes while adhering to strict infection control guidelines. Enhanced screening is taking place at all of our hospice care centers and offices for all staff and visitors.
Haven is committed to our mission of honoring life by providing comfort, care and compassion to individuals and families we serve, especially when facing challenges like this pandemic.
- Haven Care Center Visitation Guidelines: Please review before visiting a loved one at one of our hospice care centers.
- Virtual Bereavement Groups: If you or someone you know needs grief support, we will be your Haven. In light of COVID-19, all our bereavement groups are being offered virtually.
- Haven’s Facebook Page: A way to receive updates and stay connected with Haven during COVID-19
- Advance Care Planning Services: A resources to solidify goals, wishes and values as it pertains to current and future healthcare; Haven’s ACP services can be completed via telephone at no charge
- COVID-19 Emergency Fund: Contribute to Haven’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund to provide funds for medical equipment and supplies (including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); ventilators), iPads for communicating with patients, and training and other professional resources for our staff to care for COVID-19 patients
Helpful CDC Links
- CDC’s “What You Need to Know” About COVID-19: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s flyer on what you need to know
- CDC’s “What To Do If You Are Sick” with COVID-19: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s flyer on what to do if you are sick
- Help for Daily Life: including Household Checklist, Stress and Coping, If You Have Animals, and Caring for Children
- Resources For Community & Faith Organizations: including Guidance, Cleaning, FAQ’s, and a Checklist for Preparation
- Guidance for Schools and Day Care Children: including Talking With Children About Coronavirus Disease 2019, Tips For Parents While School Is Out, Checklist For Teachers and Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions: including Symptoms And Testing, Higher Risk, Cloth Face Coverings Pregnant Women, Funerals and more