Harvie Hampton recently donated $20,000 on behalf of the Tri-County Detachment of the Marine Corps League to Haven Hospice’s Tri-Counties Hospice Care Center in Chiefland, FL.
Harvie’s detachment sold some of their properties in Old Town, FL and chose to give the money back to their community by donating to Haven. This donation will support Haven’s unfunded programs and services, including the “We Honor Veterans” program.
Harvie shared how Haven has cared for multiple members of the Marine Corps League in years past.
“It means a lot. You took care of my brothers,” Harvie said. “We’ll remember that.”
Haven recognizes veterans’ unique physical, spiritual and emotional needs, and customizes their care accordingly through services offered by the “We Honor Veterans” program. Some of these include:
- Providing veteran patients with a veteran-to-veteran recognition ceremony
- Partnering with local veterans’ organizations for referrals, education and celebrating veterans
- Using a military history checklist in our admission assessment for every veteran
- Providing services wherever a veteran calls home
- Training our clinical staff to meet the unique needs of veterans, including PTSD
“This gift of $20,000 is so generous and will benefit many patients that are served in the Tri-County area,” said Sharon Jones, Haven Vice President of Development & Executive Director of the Haven Foundation. “Haven is most grateful to Mr. Harvie Hampton and the Marine Corps League for helping Haven fulfill its mission to serve all patients regardless of economic status.”